Medical Billing & Coding Services for Washington Providers

Medical Billing in Washington for Providers & Practices

Medical Billing in Washington

Our medical billing & coding services are provided to practicing providers and groups in Washington by utilizing the latest in information transfer technology!

The medical billing company you choose to handle your medical billing and management functions should be experts at what they do, and more importantly, experts at increasing provider revenue… not just a company that is close to your practice in Washington, but someone who genuinely cares about you, your revenue and your practice.

With successful and satisfied clients all over the United States… the medical billing company that most successful Washington Providers choose is Outsource Management Group, LLC.

Washington Billing Information

Washington Medical Billing and Insurance Information

Medical Billing in Washington for Medicare Providers

With the tedious paperwork, limited service coverage, and the imminent threat of budget cuts, it’s no wonder that providers look askance at federal-funded Medicare. Just this year, a scheduled cut of nearly 30% for providers’ fees under the program was prevented by the signing of the American Tax Payer Relief Act of 2012. This cut would have resulted in an estimated $20,000 loss of practice revenue for every provider in Washington State, and it is an issue of concern for providers nationwide that the Sustainable Growth Rate that calls for these healthcare budget cuts is still in place.

In view of this, many providers are limiting the number of Medicare-covered patients they receive, and others are opting out of the program altogether. This is a problem for the 1,029,529 beneficiaries in Washington as providers in the state are already in short supply.

An estimated 25% of these beneficiaries, seniors or younger, live below the federal poverty line and will not be able to pay their medical expenses without help from the national or local government. These numbers are only expected to grow as the population of the state ages.

More providers accepting higher numbers of covered patients will help give people the healthcare they need, and this does not need to come at the expense of revenue. Correct billing and coding when filing claims for reimbursement for treating beneficiaries of the program can go a long way to making sure that providers do not go out of pocket.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) use a coding system to classify care and services given to beneficiaries, and to a large extent, the reimbursement providers relies on their familiarity with how to make the codes work for them.

Many providers, both participants and non-participants in the program, make the mistake of undercoding their services. This may be the result of simple underestimation or deliberate undercoding so as to avoid the risk of being called out on fraud. A provider can lose thousands of dollars a year through this, and such loss can easily be prevented by providers familiarizing themselves with the coding guidelines available on the CMS website and from the American Medical Association.

Another issue for providers is that the program will pay them only 80% of their fee. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20%, and if they cannot pay, the provider must write it off as a loss. This can be avoided by providers checking if their patients have an advantage plan where a private company helps cover the rest of the expenses. In Washington, the preferred provider organization for these advantage plans is Regence BlueShield, which offers MedAdvantage for qualifying residents of the state.

Washington Medical Billing Resources

Washington Medical Billing Assistance

Partner with OMG for Washington Medical Billing

Partner with the leading medical billing firm & increase your revenue now!

Partner with OMG, LLC.By utilizing our medical billing for Washington physicians you are taking the first step to increasing your revenue. As your business partner, we become a seamless part of the daily function and overall financial health of your practice. We take great pride in continually verifying that our Washington providers are being reimbursed for everything they deserve. Contact us today if you’re working long, hard hours and tired of needing more revenue. We will become your partner and guide you to a better bottom line!

Request a Personalized Quote for Our Medical Billing Services in Washington!

Ask Us Any & All Questions About Our Medical Billing Services in Washington!